Diabetes and Obesity
Looking to lose weight? Already tried diet and exercise?
You may be eligible to volunteer for a clinical research study to evaluate the effect of a new investigational medicine, semaglutide, on weight loss .
To be Eligible you must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Be overweight or obese with type 2 diabetes
- Have a stable weight
- Have had at least one unsuccessful weight loss attempt
During the study, you will need to:
Contact NRI at 877.720.7474.
Do you find yourself struggling with your weight?
Being overweight can be frustrating and can be a leading cause for other health concerns such as diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure and liver disease.
National Research Institute welcomes you to come visit us for a no charge medical evaluation which may include blood sugar, cholesterol, blood pressure and liver scan tests to help provide some answers.
para Español Haga clic aquí
Do you have type 2 diabetes? Are you taking Metformin only and your diabetes is still not under control?
This is a 26 week, Double blind, placebo controlled Phase 2 study, assessing the safety and efficacy of an investigational medication in patients with Type 2 Diabetes. You may qualify for this Type 2 Diabetes study if:
- You are between 18 and 80 years of age
- Been diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes
- For the past 3 months, you have been primarily treating your diabetes with diet and exercise and/or Metformin
There are no study related costs and reimbursement will be provided to patients who qualify.
Type 2 Diabetes - Explore a New Opportunity!
This SOTA study is evaluating an investigational oral tablet compared to placebo that may help manage one’s blood glucose level.
Participants will be required to attend regular office visits throughout the duration of the study. The subject will be given glucose monitoring supplies and asked to record their blood glucose level in a diary.
To be eligible for the study, you must:
1) Be diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes
2) Are 18 years of age or older
3) Have A1C level 7-10%
4) Are taking a sulfonylurea medication for T2D, such as chlorpropamide, glimepiride, glyburide, glipizide, tolazamide, or tolbutamide with or without Metformin
Qualified participants will receive:
1) Investigational oral tablet or a placebo
2) Medical Assessments and laboratory tests at no cost
3) Compensation for time and travel
Do you have Type 2 Diabetes and being treated with basal insulin such as Lantus, Levemir or NPH Insulin?
This is a 52 week trial comparing the efficacy and safety of two types of insulin in subjects with type 2 diabetes, inadequately treated with basal insulin with or without oral antidiabetic drugs.
You may qualify if you:
- Are 18 years of age or older
- Diagnosed with type 2 diabetes
- Treated with basal insulin for at least 90 days with or without certain oral anti-diabetic medications
Benefits of participating includes:
- Comprehensive care including regular health and medical testing
- Access to trial medication and blood glucose testing equipment
- May be compensated for time and travel
Do you have Type 2 Diabetes?
The purpose of the SUSTAIN 8 clinical trial is to compare the safety and efficacy of two trial products in patients who have only received Metformin as a treatment for their Type 2 Diabetes.
To join the trial, you must:
1) Be 18 years or above
2) Have type 2 diabetes
3) Have been treated with Metformin for at least 90 days
4) Be able to attend 9 clinic visits and answer 2 phone contacts throughout the 59 weeks trial period
Subjects will receive:
1) Comprehensive care including regular health checks and medical testing
2) Access to trial medication and blood glucose testing at no cost
3) Compensation for time and travel