A Research Study in NonAlcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH)
The SEMA-NASH study (NN9931-4296) is looking at a medication called semaglutide that is being investigated for treatment of people with non-alcoholic steatohepatitis or NASH. The study involves 14 visits to the clinic and 5 telephone contacts over approximately 85 weeks. Eligible participants will receive comprehensive medical care, including regular health checks.
You may be eligible if you:
- are 18-75 years
- have confirmed nonalcoholic steatohepatitis
- able to attend clinic appointments and phone contacts throughout the study
Are you living with Fatty Liver Disease or NASH?
Concerned about your Fatty Liver or NASH?
A Research Study is Enrolling Now!
• No-cost investigational medication
• You have a 75% chance of getting active drug
• No-cost study-related care from a local doctor
• You may receive compensation for your time
• Must be between the ages of 18–75 (females must be post-menopausal or surgically sterile)
• Must be willing to attend regular clinic visits and take oral medication
NASH is an advanced form of fatty liver disease called non-alcoholic steato-hepatitis.
If you have NASH you may be able to participate in this research study. If you qualify, your participation will last up to 6 years with up to 8 office visits in the first year and a half and 2 office visits every year following.
Study drug, study-related and all study tests will be provided at no charge. Eligible participants may also be reimbursed for travel expenses.
How's Your Liver?
NASH is a common but often “silent” liver disease that ultimately leads to devastating consequences for many. Although similar to alcoholic liver disease, it is not caused by drinking too much alcohol.
Read the full flyer here
Are you overweight? Do you have diabetes, high blood pressure of high cholesterol?
If so, you may also have FATTY LIVER DISEASE. Have a liver check-up at no cost, non-invasive, painless liver scan to understand your overall liver health.
Free liver scan at our Panorama City Clinic from 7:30am to 2pm, Monday to Friday.
para Español Haga clic aquí
Have you been told that you have fatty liver or NASH?
This is a Phase 2 clinical research study designed to examine the effect of an investigational drug in patients with fatty liver disease, more specifically patients with NASH and some evidence of liver scarring or liver fibrosis.
To qualify you must have:
- At least 2 of the following: Type 2 diabetes, obesity, high blood pressure, elevated liver enzymes
- At least 18 years of age
- NASH or non-alcoholic steatohepatitis
If you qualify, you will receive study related:
- Diagnostic procedures
- Physical Exams
- Laboratory tests
- Compensation for time and travel
Are you suffering from NASH (Nonalcoholic steatohepatitis)?
We are looking for volunteers with biopsy-proven NASH verified by pathology reading, to evaluate the safety and efficacy of 2 oral doses of an investigational medicine in reducing liver fat.
Qualified participants will receive at no cost:
- Study-related medication
- Study-related laboratory testing
- Study-related ECGs and physical examinations
- Physician oversight of medical care
- Compensation for your time and travel
Study length: Approximately 32 weeks